Launching at your computer: American Libraries Live!
American Libraries knows how essential it is to stay up to date on new developments in our industry. That is why we have created AL Live, a free streaming video broadcast that you can view from your home, library or on-the-go. The program allows you to watch broadcasts in real time and interact with our hosts via a live chat giving you immediate answers to all of your pressing questions.
This first of its kind program will include experts like Jason Griffey, author of Mobile Technologies and Libraries in The Tech Set and TechSource columnist, and Warren Graham, author of Black Belt Librarian. Look to them to learn more about compelling topics, including how to get an ideal library job, the latest innovations in mobile services, and what the real deal is for libraries and ebooks.
The first program—on Friday, November 16, at 1 p.m. Central time—features ALA TechSource author Jason Griffey talking about libraries in the near future in “Library 2017: Tech at Warp Speed.” Topics for other shows include strategies for landing your ideal library job, digging into databases, and what’s the real deal about ebooks for libraries. It’s easy to view the programs—just go to www.AmericanLibrariesLive.org, add your email for future reminders, and just click on the play button for the following events:
• November 16: Library 2017: Tech at Warp Speed
• January 10: Landing Your Ideal Library Job
• February 14: Mobile Services: The Library in Your Pocket
• March 14: Library Safety and Security
• April 11: The Present and Future of Ebooks
• May 9: Library Learning Goes Online
• June 6: New Technologies in Library Equipment
• July 30: Discovery Services: The Future of Library Systems
• September 12: Digging into New Databases
AL Live is a personal way to get to the heart of the real issues in our industry. The introduction of real-time technology means that it is like having your own expert on-hand to solve problems from anywhere in the world.