PLA 2012 Virtual Conference to feature same quality programming offered at on-site conference in Philadelphia
For Immediate Release
Thu, 01/19/2012 - 11:45
Contact: Amy Sargent
PLA , Online Learning
CHICAGO - Registration for the PLA 2012 Virtual Conference is now open. On March 15-16, 2012, the Public Library Association (PLA) will share a condensed, live and online PLA Conference with public librarians and public library workers who can’t make the trip to Philadelphia.
The PLA 2012 Virtual Conference will include many familiar elements of the on-site conference, including high-quality educational programming, poster sessions and networking opportunities with colleagues. Each day will feature five live programs—the same programs available to in-person conference attendees. In addition, the virtual conference will feature special events such as daily author interviews.
Confirmed PLA 2012 Virtual Conference programs include:
- Can't, Won't, Don't, Couldn't, Shouldn't, Wouldn't: Combating Negativity Nellies in the Workplace
- Engaging with Teens on A Shoestring Budget
- iPads in the Library: from Tech Programming to Staff Productivity
- Library To Go: Putting Your Library Virtually Anywhere
- Q & A with Nancy Pearl
- Tracking Children’s Early Literacy Skills: Options for Libraries
- The Future of Libraries: Trends in Building Design, User Experience and Community Partnerships
- Transforming Public Libraries from Institutions of the Industrial Age to Change Agent for the Networked Society
As PLA finalizes the virtual conference schedule, new programs and updated information can be found at http://www.placonference.org/virtualconference.
PLA is offering both individual and group registration for the virtual conference. Individual registration is $215 for PLA and PaLA members, $270 for ALA members, $310 for nonmembers and $85 for students. Group registration is $599 and allows a single location to host the virtual conference for multiple attendees.
Register for the PLA 2012 Virtual Conference at http://www.placonference.org/virtualconference. Registration closes on Friday, March 2, 2012.
Offered biennially, PLA Conference is the premier event for public libraries, drawing librarians, library support staff, trustees, friends and library vendors from across the country and around the world. The conference includes nearly 200 top-quality continuing education programs, engaging social events, networking opportunities and a bustling exhibits hall. PLA 2012, will be held March 13-17, 2012 in Philadelphia.