YALSA names 2011 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
For Immediate Release
Thu, 01/13/2011 - 17:23
Contact: Stephanie Kuenn
SAN DIEGO —The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA), a division of the American Library Association (ALA), announced its 2011 Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers selection list. The list is presented annually at the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
- Amason, Jessica and Richard Blakeley. “This is Why You’re Fat: Where Dreams Become Heart Attacks.“ HarperCollins/Harper Studio, 2009.
- Brereton, Catherine, Philip Steele, and Hannah Wilson. “Warriors Versus Warriors: Ten Fighters, Five Battles, ONE WINNER.” Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group/Kingfisher, 2009.
- Elkeles, Simone. “Rules of Attraction: A Perfect Chemistry Novel.” Bloomsbury/Walker. 2010.
- Hasler, Nikol. “Sex: A Book for Teens: An Uncensored Guide to Your Body, Sex and Safety.” Zest/Orange Avenue Publishing, 2010.
- Keplinger, Kody. ”The D.U.F.F.(Designated Ugly Fat Friend).” Little, Brown Books for Young Readers/Poppy, 2010.
- Neri, G. and Randy DuBurke. “Yummy: the Last Days of a Southside Shorty.” Lee & Low, 2010.
- Rainfield, Cheryl. “Scars.” Westside Books, 2010.
- Summers, Courtney. “Some Girls Are.” St. Martin’s Griffin. 2010.
- Volponi, Paul. “Rikers High.” Penguin Group/Viking, 2010.
- Von D, Kat with Sandra Bark. ”The Tattoo Chronicles.” HarperCollins/Collins Design, 2010.