Reach current and future library decision makers through our suite of products. Make American Libraries print and digital products the focus of your library marketing plans.
Reaching the nation’s most engaged librarians and administrators has never been easier or more immediate. From ads in our print magazine, podcast, and digital supplements to banner ads on our websites and e-newsletters, we offer the greatest access to the most active librarians in the industry. View our media planning guide.
Stick with the library market leader
At the center of this vital industry—with 117,000 libraries in the United States alone—is the American Library Association, the oldest and largest library association in the world. Our 60,000 members represent the most active and engaged librarians in the profession, decision makers, and key administrators. Throughout the year, our members and their staffs rely on ALA print and digital publications to stay on top of what’s important, what’s new, and what’s coming down the road.
According to the last Book Industry Study Group study, libraries purchase more than $5 billion worth of books and materials each year. Plus, they purchase a substantial amount of equipment, supplies, technology, and services too. You can learn much more about the library market by visiting the ALA Library Facts web pages.
Build your sales with these targeted advertising opportunities
- American Libraries—the print membership magazine of the American Library Association
- American Libraries Online—the interactive website that keeps librarians up to date 24/7
- American Libraries Direct—the award-winning weekly e-newsletter aggregating ALA and industry news
- Daily Scoop—the e-newsletter with the latest coverage on speakers, sessions, and events during ALA Annual, Midwinter, and Virtual conferences
- Call Number with American Libraries—the monthly half-hour podcast of conversations with librarians, authors, celebrities, and scholars
- American Libraries Live—free, one-hour webinars on key topics in the library world
- Sponsored Posts—information about your product, featured on AL Direct or on American Libraries’ website
- Special Delivery—promotional email sent on behalf of advertisers to 32,000 ALA members for one-time lead generation
- Product News—monthly e-newsletter featuring products from American Libraries advertisers
- Exhibitor Showcase—email outreach before conference to registered attendees and 36,000 ALA members
- ALA JobLIST—the number-one website for library and information science and technology jobs. Find more information at the JobLIST website or view the ALA JobLIST media kit.
American Libraries Media Planning Guide 2020 (PDF)
For printed information and sample copies of American Libraries magazine, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To discuss advertising in any American Libraries publication or media stream, please contact Michael Stack, National Sales Manager, at 847-367-7120 or email@example.com.