Make American Libraries print and digital products the focus of your library marketing plans.
Reaching the nation’s most engaged librarians and administrators has never been easier. From ads in our print magazine and podcast to banner ads on our websites and e-newsletters, American Libraries offers the greatest access to the most active library workers in the industry. View our media planning guide.
Stick with the library market leader
At the center of this vital industry—with 117,000 libraries in the United States alone—is the American Library Association, the oldest and largest library association in the world. Our 54,000 members represent those most actively engaged in the profession: decision makers and key administrators.
American Libraries helps ALA members stay on top of what’s important, what’s new, and what’s coming down the road. According to the last Book Industry Study Group study, libraries purchase more than $5 billion worth of books and materials each year. Plus, they purchase a substantial amount of equipment, supplies, technology, and services too.
Build your sales with these targeted advertising opportunities
- American Libraries—the print membership magazine of the American Library Association
- American Libraries Online—the interactive website that keeps librarians up to date 24/7
- American Libraries Direct—the award-winning weekly e-newsletter aggregating ALA and industry news
- Daily Scoop—the e-newsletter with the latest coverage on speakers, sessions, and events during ALA Annual, Midwinter, and Virtual conferences
- Call Number with American Libraries—the monthly half-hour podcast of conversations with librarians, authors, celebrities, and scholars
- American Libraries Live—free, one-hour webinars on key topics in the library world
- Sponsored Posts—information about your product, featured on AL Direct or on American Libraries’ website
- Special Delivery—promotional email sent on behalf of advertisers to 28,000 ALA members for one-time lead generation
- Product News—monthly e-newsletter featuring products from American Libraries advertisers
- Exhibitor Showcase—email outreach before conference to registered attendees and 30,000 ALA members
- ALA JobLIST—the number-one website for library and information science and technology jobs. Find more information at the JobLIST website or view the ALA JobLIST media kit.
American Libraries Media Planning Guide (PDF)
For printed information and sample copies of American Libraries magazine, please send your contact information to email@example.com.
To discuss advertising in any American Libraries publication or media stream, please contact Melissa Carr, National Sales Manager, at 704-491-7789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.